Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bali Day 6 - 24April 2012


Departure Day

Woke up early to have breakfast at Hotel. Glad the buffet didn't cost much (180RP +++ )because I don't know how much more can people eat at buffet. We witness a lot of people wasting food at breakfast and the staff had to dump away A LOT of food. I think the hotel should make people pay for wastage. There are hungry people out on the streets and it must be heart breaking for staff to throw away food every morning.

Check out didn't take too long. The hotel front desk printed a letter explaining there will be a distance to walk from the taxi drop off point to the check in counter area due to current construction works. It also give a print out of the expenses incurred so far excluding the current day of print out.

We took a taxi to the airport and the fare shows 39KRP. however the taxi driver says there's a 5000RP ticket fee, whatever that means. so it's 45KRP for the taxi ride. We then walk from the drop off point down this lane(which looks like a bus interchange to me) till you see Starbucks, cross the road and turn right and walk some more till you see a screening area, this is where you entered into the departure hall. We were there pretty early so there wasn't any queue. After checking in (we flew with Jetstar or should I say Latestar) you then take another walk to the left of the counters to head up stairs to pay your 150KRP departure tax. The duty free area after customs aren't cheap at all. Eg 1hr foot massage 300KRP. Most people hang around outside the final screening area as the gates aren't open till 30mins before boarding time, which is meant to be at 11.45am. But Jetstar was once again late again by 1hr, so boarding time is 12.55pm instead.
Departure area-waiting to board the plane

So I am no longer a Bali virgin and can join in the numerous Bali conversation with colleagues and friends. But it's not a place I feel it's great for clothing shopping because the Bintang fashion simply doesn't appeal to me. Neither are the sarongs and sandals. It's great for food and drinks as they do taste better than Asian places back in Perth and heaps cheaper too. I think 5 days of Bali is just nice for me, any longer I will be dreading as there no other activities I would like doing.
Will definitely visit other parts of Bali in my next trip but I'm not sure if I love Bali enough to match up with people who had been to Bali for 10times or every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment